Thank you for choosing Capy Inc. (“Company”) for your business. The Company provides a cybersecurity marketplace/network and other associated products and services. The Company refers to the foregoing products and/or services herein collectively as “Services.”
If you accept these Terms of Service and use the Services on behalf of a company, organization, or other legal entity, you represent and warrant to the Company that you have full power and authority to do so.
This Agreement is effective (“Effective Date”) on the date you first access or use the Services and/or the Website, whichever is earlier.
End User License Agreement
For clarity, this Agreement does not apply to use of the Company’s mobile app, which is governed by a separate End User License Agreement, which is accessible through the app:
By continuing to use the Application, you agree as follows:
- You understand and intend that this Agreement is a legally binding agreement and the equivalent of a signed, written contract;
- You will use the Application in a manner consistent with applicable laws and regulations and in accordance with the terms and conditions in this Agreement as it may be amended by the Company from time to time; and
- You understand, accept, and have received this Agreement and its terms and conditions, and acknowledge and demonstrate that you can access this Agreement.
If you do not agree with the terms and conditions in this Agreement, please discontinue all further use of the Application.
- The Company’s License to You. The Company grants you a single, non-exclusive, non-transferable and limited personal license to access and use the Application. This license is conditioned on your continued compliance with the terms and conditions in this Agreement. You may not rent, lease, lend, sell, transfer, redistribute, or sublicense the Application and, if you sell or otherwise transfer a device on which the application is installed to a third party, you must remove the Application from such device before doing so. You may not copy, decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, modify, or create derivative works of the Application, any updates, or any part thereof (except as and only to the extent that any foregoing restriction is prohibited by applicable law or to the extent as may be permitted by the licensing terms governing use of any open-sourced components included with the Application).
- Your License to the Company. Any communications or material of any kind that you email, post, or otherwise transmit to the Company using the Application, including data, questions, comments, or suggestions (your “Communications”) will become the property of the Company. You hereby grant a license to the Company to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in your Communications for any purpose including, but not limited to, developing and marketing products using such information.
- Electronic Signatures. You agree to be bound by any affirmance, assent, or agreement you transmit to the Company using the Application, including but not limited to any consent you give to receive communications from the Company solely through electronic transmission. You agree that, when in the future you click on an “I agree,” “I consent” or other similarly worded “button” or entry field in the Application, your agreement or consent will be legally binding and enforceable and the legal equivalent of your handwritten signature. Furthermore, you hereby waive any rights or requirements under any laws or regulations in any jurisdiction that require an original (non-electronic) signature or delivery or retention of non-electronic records, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
- Carrier Charges. Company does not charge for the Application, but your carrier’s data rates may apply to your use of the Application.
- Use of the Company Services. In addition to all provisions set forth elsewhere in the Terms of Service, the following requirements apply to your use of the Application:
- You will not collect or store personal data about other users of the Application.
- You will not use the Application for any commercial purpose not expressly approved by the Company in writing.
- You will not upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any material that contains viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs which might interrupt, limit, or interfere with the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- You will not use the Application when you are driving a motor vehicle, even if doing so is legally permitted in your location.
- Security of Data Transmission and Storage. Electronic communications using the Application may not always be encrypted. You acknowledge that there is a risk that data, including email, electronic communications, and personal data, may be accessed by unauthorized third parties when communicated between you and the Company or between you and other parties. Company and its affiliates, and agents are permitted, but not obligated, to review or retain your Communications. The Company may monitor your Communications to evaluate the quality of service you receive, your compliance with the Agreement, the security of the Application, or for other reasons. You agree that such monitoring activities will not entitle you to any cause of action or other right with respect to the manner in which the Company or its affiliates or agents monitor your Communications and enforces or fails to enforce the terms of the Agreement. In no event will the Company or any of its affiliates or agents be liable for any costs, damages, expenses, or any other liabilities incurred by you as a result of monitoring activities by the Company or its affiliates or agents.
- Hyperlinks. The Application may contain links to other sites. The Company does not control such other sites, and the Company and its affiliates and agents make no representations whatsoever concerning the content, accuracy, security or privacy of those sites. The fact that the Company has provided a link to a site is not an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, or affiliation with respect to such site, its owners or its providers. There are risks in using any information, software, or products found on the Internet, and the Company cautions you to make sure you understand these risks before retrieving, using, relying upon, or purchasing anything via the Internet. You agree that under no circumstances will you hold the Company or its affiliates or agents liable for any loss or damage caused by use of or reliance on any content, goods, or services available on other sites.
- Trademarks and Copyrights. The Application is owned by the Company or its affiliates or agents, and is protected by United States copyright laws and international treaty provisions. All content, trademarks, services marks, trade names, logos, and icons are proprietary to the Company or its affiliates or agents. Nothing contained in the Application should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark displayed in the Application without the written permission of the Company or such third party that may own the trademarks displayed in the Application. Your use of the trademarks displayed in the Application, or any other content in the Application, except as provided herein, is strictly prohibited. Images displayed through the Application are either the property of, or used with permission by the Company or its affiliates or agents. You are prohibited from using or authorizing the use of these images unless specifically permitted under the Agreement. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, or other regulations and statutes.
Upon notice to you, the Company may increase any fees specified in connection with its Services. Fees do not include any taxes, levies, duties or similar governmental assessments of any nature, including, for example, value-added, sales, use or withholding taxes, assessable by any jurisdiction (collectively, “Taxes”). You are responsible for paying all Taxes associated with purchases and transactions under this Agreement.
You may pay by credit card by way of the Company’s third-party payment processor. You agree not to file a credit or debit card chargeback with regard to any amount of fees charged in connection with the Services. Instead, you agree to abide by the dispute resolution procedures outlined herein, below.
We may verify your provided information, as required for your use of and access to the Services. You agree to maintain your Account solely for your own use. You agree that you will not allow another person to use your Account. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate the Account of any User who provides inaccurate, untrue, or incomplete information, or who fails to comply with the account registration requirements.
You are solely and entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account, and for any charges, damages, liabilities or losses incurred or suffered as a result of your failure to do so. Furthermore, you are solely and entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your Account, including any charges incurred relating to the Services.
The Company is not liable for any harm caused by or related to the theft of your Account, your disclosure of your Account, or your authorization to allow another person to access or use the Services using your Account. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security known to you. You acknowledge that the complete privacy of your data and messages transmitted while using the Services and/or the Website cannot be guaranteed in the event of breach.
Links to Third-Party Accounts
- providing your Third Party Account login information through the Services; or
- allowing the Company to access your Third Party Account, as is permitted under the applicable terms and conditions that govern your use of each Third Party Account.
You represent that you own and are entitled to disclose your Third Party Account login information to the Company and/or grant the Company access to your Third Party Account (including, but not limited to, for use for the purposes described herein), without breach by you of any of the terms and conditions that govern your use of the applicable Third Party Account. The Company will not pay any fees or be subject to any usage limitations imposed by such third party service providers.
By granting the Company access to any Third Party Accounts, you understand that (i) the Company may access, make available and store (if applicable) any content that you have provided to and stored in your Third Party Account (the "SNS Content") so that it is available on and through the Services via your Account, including without limitation any friend lists, and (ii) the Company may submit and receive additional information to your Third Party Account to the extent you are notified when you link your Account with the Third Party Account. Please note that if a Third Party Account or associated service becomes unavailable or the Company's access to such Third Party Account is terminated by the third party service provider, then SNS Content may no longer be available on and through the Services.
Depending on the Third Party Accounts you choose to link with the Website, and subject to the privacy settings that you have set in the Third Party Accounts, personally identifiable information that you post to your Third Party Accounts may be available on and through your Account on the Website. Depending on your privacy settings, the Company may access your contacts associated with a Third Party Account, solely for the purposes of identifying and informing you of those contacts who have also registered to use the Services and/or Website, unless you expressly tell us not to do so in writing.
Finally, you will have the ability to disable the connection between your Account and your Third Party Accounts at any time. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR THIRD PARTY ACCOUNTS IS GOVERNED SOLELY BY YOUR AGREEMENT(S) WITH SUCH THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS. The Company makes no effort to review Simple Notification Service push notification content (“SNS Content”) by any Third Party Accounts for any purpose, including but not limited to, for accuracy, legality or non-infringement, and the Company is not responsible for any SNS Content by Third Party Accounts.
The Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your Account if you violate these Terms of Service or for any reason or no reason at any time. We may also suspend your access to the Services and/or Website, and your Account if you: (a) have violated the terms of these Terms of Service, any other agreement you have with the Company; (b) pose an unacceptable credit or fraud risk to us or Users; (c) provide any false, incomplete, inaccurate, or misleading information or otherwise engage in fraudulent or illegal conduct; or (d) for any other reason in the Company's sole discretion.
However, we will not be liable to you for compensation, reimbursement, or damages in connection with your use of the Services, or in connection with any termination or suspension of the Services. Any termination of these Terms of Service does not relieve you of any obligations to pay any Fees or costs accrued prior to the termination and any other amounts owed by you to us, as provided in these Terms of Service.
Users of the Services will be required to provide their credit card or bank account details to the Company to process payment(s). The Company collects, analyzes and relays information to allow the service provider to process these payment(s).
You authorize us to process payment(s) for the Services, using the payment information you have supplied. Specifically, you will be required to provide your credit card or bank account details to the Company and/or the third-party service provider, and/or register with the third-party service provider to process payment(s) for the Services. You agree to provide the Company and/or the third-party service provider with accurate and complete information about you and/or your business; and you authorize the Company to share it and any transaction information related to your use of the Services and/or Website with the third-party service provider for the purpose of processing payment(s), including but not limited to the service fees owed to Company for the use of the Service.
The Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion (but not the obligation), to: (i) place on hold any payment and out of pocket expenses; and/or (ii) refund, provide credits or arrange for the third-party service provider to do so, as necessary.
If you believe a payment has been processed in error, you must provide written notice to the Company within thirty (30) days after the date of payment specifying the nature of the error and the amount in dispute. If notice is not received by the Company within such thirty (30) day period, the payment will be deemed final and valid.
The Company is not liable for any losses relating to chargebacks, fraudulent charges, or other actions by any User that are deceptive, fraudulent or otherwise invalid. By using the Services, you hereby release the Company from any liability arising from fraudulent actions. You will also use best efforts to promptly notify the Company of any fraudulent actions which may affect the Services. The Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the account of any User that engages in, or enables any other User to engage in, fraudulent actions.
While the Company takes what it believes to be reasonable efforts to ensure secure transmission of your information to the third-party service provider that assesses and processes payment(s), the Company is not responsible for any fees or charges assessed by third party service providers, or any errors in the processing of payment(s) by third party service providers, including any errors that result from third-party negligence, improper transmission of payment information, your mistaken submission of payment information, or your submission of erroneous payment information. Your sole recourse is with the third-party service provider which processed the payment(s).
Links to Other Websites
Links to this Website
We grant you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-assignable, personal, and non-transferable license to create hyperlinks to the Website and/or Services, so long as: (a) the links only incorporate text, and do not use any trademarks, (b) the links and the content on your website do not suggest any affiliation with the Company or cause any other confusion, and (c) the links and the content on your website do not portray the Company or its products or Services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter, and do not contain content that is unlawful, offensive, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, threatening, harassing, or abusive, or that violate any right of any third party or are otherwise objectionable to the Company. The Company reserves the right to suspend or prohibit linking to the Website and/or Services for any reason, in its sole discretion, without advance notice or any liability of any kind to you or any third party.
Intellectual Property Rights
In addition, any trademarks, service marks and logos associated with a Third Party Offering may be the property of the third party provider, and you should consult with their trademark guidelines before using any of their marks.
Any information and data that you submit to the Website or in connection with the Services must not violate the intellectual property rights of third parties.
No Submission of Unsolicited Ideas and/or Materials
In your communications with the Company, please keep in mind that we do not seek any unsolicited ideas or materials for products or services, or even suggested improvements to products or services, including, without limitation, ideas, concepts, inventions, or designs for music, websites, apps, books, scripts, screenplays, motion pictures, television shows, theatrical productions, software or otherwise (collectively, "Unsolicited Ideas and Materials"). Any Unsolicited Ideas and Materials you post on or send to us via the Website are deemed User Content and licensed to us as set forth below. In addition, Company retains all of the rights held by members of the general public with regard to your Unsolicited Ideas and Materials. The Company’s receipt of your Unsolicited Ideas and Materials is not an admission by the Company of their novelty, priority, or originality, and it does not impair the Company’s right to contest existing or future intellectual property rights relating to your Unsolicited Ideas and Materials.
Blog/Public Forum on our Website
You agree not to post on our Website any content that: (i) may create a risk of harm, loss, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to you, to any other person; (ii) may create a risk of any other loss or damage to any person or property; (iii) seeks to harm or exploit children by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable details or otherwise; (iv) may constitute or contribute to a crime or tort; (v) contains any information or content that we deem to be unlawful, harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, harassing, humiliating to other people (publicly or otherwise), libelous, threatening, profane, or otherwise objectionable; (vi) contains any information or content that is illegal (including, without limitation, the disclosure of insider information under securities law or of another party's trade secrets); (vii) contains any information or content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; or (viii) contains any information or content that you know is not correct and current. You agree that any User content that you post does not and will not violate third-party rights of any kind, including without limitation any intellectual property rights or rights of privacy.
The Company reserves the right, but is not obligated, to reject and/or remove any User content on the blog/public forum that the Company believes, in its sole discretion, violates these provisions. We also reserve the right to block or remove any content we deem inappropriate, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, defamatory, libelous, tortious, illegal, threatening, or otherwise objectionable, regardless of whether it was intended to be private or public. Since we do not review all content on our Website, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to take protective measures in the event that any User posts content that violates the terms of this provision. However, when we become aware of content that we consider violates this provision (i.e., is offensive or could compromise the privacy of your personal or confidential information or that of another person), we will make a good-faith, reasonable effort to block or remove such content.
The Company takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User content that you or any other User or third party posts or sends over the Website or mobile app, or any action you take in reliance on any User content posted by another User. You shall be solely responsible for your User content and the consequences of posting or publishing it, and you agree that we are only acting as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of your User content.
Furthermore, you understand and agree that you may be exposed to other people’s User content that may be inaccurate, objectionable, inappropriate for children, or otherwise unsuited to your purpose, and you agree that the Company shall not be liable for any damages you allege to incur as a result of exposure to such User content.
You may self-edit and/or remove the content you posted on our Website and/or mobile app by logging into your account. Or, to request removal of any content that you believe violates this provision or that you previously posted on our blog/community forum, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your content, especially if it was already re-posted by another User. If this is the case, we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why in response to your request.
The Company will respond appropriately to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"), as set forth below. If you own a copyright in a work (or represent such a copyright owner) and believe that your (or such owner's) copyright in that work has been infringed by an improper posting or distribution of it via the Service, then you may send us a written notice that includes all of the following:
- a legend or subject line that says: "DMCA Copyright Infringement Notice";
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing or is the subject of infringing activity is located that is reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material (please include the URL of the Website on which the material appears);
- your full name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that all the information in your notice is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner (or, if you are not the copyright owner, then your statement must indicate that you are authorized to act on the behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed); and
- your electronic or physical signature.
The Company will only respond to DMCA Notices that it receives by mail, e-mail, or facsimile at the addresses set forth in the “Notice” section of this Agreement.
It is often difficult to determine if your copyright has been infringed. The Company may elect to not respond to DMCA Notices that do not substantially comply with all of the foregoing requirements, and the Company may elect to remove allegedly infringing material that comes to its attention via notices that do not substantially comply with the DMCA.
Please note that the DMCA provides that any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
We may send the information that you provide in your notice to the person who provided the allegedly infringing work. That person may elect to send us a DMCA Counter-Notification.
Without limiting the Company's other rights, the Company may, in appropriate circumstances, terminate a repeat infringer's access to the Services, Website, and/or any other website owned or operated by the Company.
If access on the Website to a work that you submitted to the Company is disabled or the work is removed as a result of a DMCA Notice, and if you believe that the disabled access or removal is the result of mistake or misidentification, then you may send us a DMCA Counter-Notification to the addresses above. Your DMCA Counter-Notification should contain the following information:
- a legend or subject line that says: "DMCA Counter-Notification";
- a description of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled (please include the URL of the Website from which the material was removed or access to it disabled);
- a statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
- your full name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and the username of your account;
- a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located (or, if the address is located outside the U.S.A., to the jurisdiction of the United States District Court for the Central District of California), and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided DMCA notification to us or an agent of such person; and
- your electronic or physical signature.
Please note that the DMCA provides that any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.
If we receive a DMCA Counter-Notification, then we may replace the material that we removed (or stop disabling access to it) in not less than ten (10) and not more than fourteen (14) business days following receipt of the DMCA Counter-Notification. However, we will not do this if we first receive notice at the addresses above that the party who sent us the DMCA Copyright Infringement Notice has filed a lawsuit asking a court for an order restraining the person who provided the material from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on the Service. You should also be aware that we may forward the Counter-Notification to the party who sent us the DMCA Copyright Infringement Notice.
Data Ownership and Usage
You are solely responsible for resolving disputes regarding ownership or access to your data, including those involving any current or former owners, co-owners, employees or contractors of your business. You acknowledge and agree that the Company has no obligation whatsoever to resolve or intervene in such disputes.
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) imposes rules to protect certain personal health information. You should not share any protected health information, or any information that relates to the past, present or future physical or mental health or condition of an individual; the provision of health care to an individual; or the past, present or future payment for the provision of health care to an individual. The Services and this Website are not intended to be used to communicate protected health information, nor comply with HIPAA. If you do share any protected health information, you do so at your own risk.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES AND/OR THIS WEBSITE.
THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES AND/OR THIS WEBSITE WILL BE SECURE, TIMELY, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, OR THAT THE SERVICES ARE OR WILL REMAIN UPDATED, COMPLETE OR CORRECT, OR THAT THE SERVICES AND/OR WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE SYSTEMS THAT MAKE THE SERVICES AVAILABLE (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE INTERNET, OTHER TRANSMISSION NETWORKS, AND YOUR LOCAL NETWORK AND EQUIPMENT) WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR FREE FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
THE SERVICES AND ANY PRODUCTS AND THIRD PARTY SERVICES AND MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND SOLELY FOR YOUR USE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS AGREEMENT.
ALL DISCLAIMERS OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING IN THIS SECTION AND ELSEWHERE IN THIS AGREEMENT) ARE MADE ON BEHALF OF BOTH THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, CONTRACTORS, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “COMPANY PARTIES”).
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Company from and against any and all third party claims alleged or asserted against any of the Company, and all related charges, damages and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys' fees and costs) arising from or relating to: (a) any actual or alleged breach of any provisions of these Terms; (b) any actual or alleged violation by you, an affiliate, or end user of the intellectual property, privacy or other rights of the Company or a third party; and (c) any dispute between you and another party regarding ownership of or access to your data or Personal Information submitted to the Company via its Website.
THE COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY AND WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSS CAUSED, OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED, BY THE TRANSMISSION OF CARDHOLDER DATA PRIOR TO ITS ENCRYPTION AND RECEIPT BY SERVER(S) OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY THE COMPANY. THE EXCLUDED DAMAGES WILL INCLUDE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES RESULTING FROM FRAUD, EMBEZZLEMENT, THEFT, IDENTITY THEFT, OR INVASION OF PRIVACY.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY PARTIES’ AGGREGATE LIABILITY, COLLECTIVELY, FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE FEES PAID PRECEDING THE DATE OF THE INCIDENT. ALL LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING IN THIS SECTION AND ELSEWHERE IN THIS AGREEMENT) APPLY WITH RESPECT TO BOTH THE COMPANY AND THE COMPANY PARTIES.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, HOWEVER CAUSED, OR FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF USE, DATA OR OPPORTUNITIES, COST OF DATA RECONSTRUCTION, COST OR PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE SERVICES OR THIRD PARTY OFFERINGS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, ANY INTERRUPTION, INACCURACY, ERROR OR OMISSION, EVEN IF THE COMPANY, ITS LICENSORS OR SUBCONTRACTORS HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGES.
THE COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY THAT MAY ARISE BETWEEN USERS OR THIRD PARTIES RELATED TO OR ARISING FROM USE OF THE SERVICES. YOU HEREBY RELEASE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND LICENSORS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, DAMAGES (ACTUAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL) OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, CONTINGENT OR LIQUIDATED, ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO ANY DISPUTE OR INTERACTIONS WITH ANY OTHER USER OR ANY VENDOR LISTED ON THE COMPANY MARKETPLACE OR OTHER THIRD PARTY, WHETHER ONLINE OR IN PERSON, WHETHER RELATED TO THE PROVISION OF SERVICES OR OTHERWISE.
THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
Choice of Law
These Terms of Service and the relationship between you and the Company shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- Informal Dispute Resolution. We want to address your concerns without needing a formal legal case. Before filing a claim against the Company, you agree to try to resolve the Dispute informally by contacting email@example.com. We'll try to resolve the Dispute informally by contacting you through email. If a dispute is not resolved within 15 days after submission, you or the Company may bring a formal proceeding.
- We Both Agree to Arbitrate. You and the Company agree to resolve any Disputes through final and binding arbitration, except as set forth under Exceptions to Agreement to Arbitrate below.
- Opt-out of Agreement to Arbitrate. You can decline this agreement to arbitrate by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days of first accepting these Terms of Service and stating that you (include your first and last name) decline this arbitration agreement
- Arbitration Procedures. The American Arbitration Association (AAA) will administer the arbitration under its Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes. The arbitration will be held in San Francisco, California, or any other location we agree to.
- Arbitration Fees. The AAA rules will govern payment of all arbitration fees. The Company will pay all arbitration fees for claims less than $75,000. The Company will not seek its attorneys' fees and costs in arbitration unless the arbitrator determines that your claim is frivolous.
- Exceptions to Agreement to Arbitrate. Either you or the Company may assert claims, if they qualify, in small claims court in San Francisco (CA) or any United States county where you live or work. Either party may bring a lawsuit solely for injunctive relief to stop unauthorized use or abuse of the Company’s products or the Company Service, or infringement of intellectual property rights (for example, trademark, trade secret, copyright or patent rights) without first engaging in arbitration or the informal dispute-resolution process described above.
- No Class Actions. You may only resolve Disputes with the Company on an individual basis, and may not bring a claim as a plaintiff or a class member in a class, consolidated, or representative action. Class arbitrations, class actions, private attorney general actions, and consolidation with other arbitrations aren't allowed under this Agreement.
- Judicial Forum for Disputes. In the event that the agreement to arbitrate is found not to apply to you or your claim, you and the Company agree that any judicial proceeding (other than small claims actions) will be brought in the federal or state courts of San Francisco County, California. Both you and the Company consent to venue and personal jurisdiction there. We both agree to waive our right to a jury trial.
- Relationship of the Parties. This Agreement does not, and will not be construed to, create any partnership, joint venture, employer-employee, agency or franchisor-franchisee relationship between you and the Company.
- Severability. Should any provision of these Terms of Service be found invalid or unenforceable, the remaining terms shall still apply.
- Force Majeure. Neither Party will be liable for any failure or delay in performance under this Agreement (other than for delay in the payment of money due and payable hereunder) for causes beyond that Party’s reasonable control and occurring without that Party’s fault or negligence, including, but not limited to, acts of God, acts of government, flood, fire, civil unrest, acts of terror, strikes or other labor problems (other than those involving the Company’s or your employees, respectively), computer attacks (by government/nation entities or otherwise) or malicious acts, such as attacks on or through the Internet, any Internet service provider, telecommunications or hosting facility. Dates by which performance obligations are scheduled to be met will be extended for a period of time equal to the time lost due to any delay so caused.
- Electronic Communications and Signatures. You agree to the use of electronic communication in order to enter into agreements and place orders, and to the electronic delivery of notices, policies and records of transactions initiated or completed through the Services. Furthermore, you hereby waive any rights or requirements under any laws or regulations in any jurisdiction that require an original (non-electronic) signature or delivery or retention of non-electronic records, to the extent permitted under applicable law.